[NFB-Science] Announcement at NFB Science Division Meeting

Louis Maher ljmaher03 at outlook.com
Fri Jun 28 10:29:28 UTC 2024

From: D'Agostino, Alfred T. <adagostino at ccbcmd.edu>
Sent: Thursday, June 27, 2024 8:26 PM
To: Louis Maher <ljmaher03 at outlook.com>
Cc: johnmillerphd at hotmail.com
Subject: Announcement at NFB Science Division Meeting

Louis,
I will be unable to attend the NFB Convention due to prior professional commitments. At the Science and Engineering Division Meeting, would you please make the following announcement for me? (or I can Zoom or call in.) Thank you.
Alfred

Dr. Alfred D'Agostino is collecting information from students who are blind or have low vision about barriers and experiences they have encountered in studying chemistry at the undergraduate level.
Would you please strongly and thoughtfully consider providing responses to the below questions?
E-mail responses can be sent to adagostino at ndm.edu<mailto:adagostino at ndm.edu> or e-mail for further information.

1( Would you please describe your First-hand account of the barriers you have encountered in your study of chemistry at the college / university level. That is, in the in-person and online / virtual environments, and especially in the laboratory.

2( In considering your experience in taking chemistry courses and laboratory in any setting), what method, tool, innovation, would have helped you learn chemistry more effectively?