[NFB-Seniors-Discussion] Nebraska Senior Division June Meeting - Learn about Android phones and more! - Guest are Welcome

Bernadette Jacobs bernienfb75 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 16:54:51 UTC 2021

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jun 7, 2021, at 12:33 PM, RobertLeslie Newman via NFB-Seniors-Discussion <nfb-seniors-discussion at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>

> First section of this message:
> Hi You All
> RE: Our June Meeting is One week away from today; Monday the 14th
> Non-Members are WELCOME
>
> Contents of this message:
> *Topic of the meeting
> *When and how to get on the call
> *Agenda
>  *The NFB Pledge
> *The second section of this message; topic background
>
> *#1 -Topic: An exciting opportunity to learn about the Android platform of devices. Presented by fellow blind folks who use these products everyday. (Read the  second half of this message for background material about this call! See what you can bring to make this event the best it can be.)
>
> *#2 When and how to get on the call:
> Date: June 14th
> Time: 7:00 CT
>
> Join Zoom Meeting:
> https://zoom.us/j/97431318555?pwd=NmVpT2VhTEl4ZlczVElyZDYycDNGQT09
> One tap mobile:
> +13462487799,,97431318555#,,,,*637552# US (Houston)
> +14086380968,,97431318555#,,,,*637552# US (San Jose)
> Dial by your location:
>         +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
>         +1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose)
> Meeting ID: 974 3131 8555
> Passcode: 637552
>
> *#3 Agenda:
> -First- Come to order, handle introductions, and present our NFB Pledge
>
> -Second- Our two special presenters will interact with our membership and any additional guests who are also interested in learning more about Android products.
>
> -Third-Business Meeting:
> -Secretary and Treasurers Reports
>
> --OLD BUSINESS:
> -Membership- Do make calls to past members who have not joined us during recent meetings. And/or think of someone new to call and invite to join us for this or next month’s meeting.
> -Any other old business you may bring
>
> --NEW BUSINESS:
> -Update on affiliate and national news.
> -Anything you may bring
>
> --Finally- Brags and Drags
>
> *#4 Our NFB Pledge:
> I pledge to participate actively in the efforts of the National Federation of the Blind to achieve equality, opportunity, and security for the blind; to support the policies and programs of the Federation; and to abide by its constitution.
>
> *Second section: How did this call come about?
> [...]

You might also want to check with Karl Belanger, Who is one of our access technology staff at the NFB headquarters office. Don’t remember his extension, there. But, the general number is 410 Dash 659–9314. He has also been an android user. Not sure if he is currently. But, he is extremely familiar with android.

Bernadette Jacobs