[NFB-Seniors-Discussion] Question- I have started to use a very short cane in my house - anyone else use a cane in your home?

Diane dvlasoff at roadrunner.com
Fri Apr 19 17:40:53 UTC 2024

Hi Robert!

My name is Diane. This is the first time I have posted to this list. I have enjoyed reading peoples submissions.

As to using a cane inside your home, I have , upon occasion, done so. I have had a foot surgery, which caused me to be very protective of my feet while it was healing. I also fell crossfell crossing a street, because I was extremely distracted and not paying attention,   a couple of years ago,and used a short came for protective reasons in my home.  I do like your idea of putting a rubber hose tip on it to protect the furniture and things from excessive banging.

I have had occasional issues with my hearing sometimes because of allergies and once because of a rock concert. I can completely understand the disorienting effect having hearing issues has on your proprioception. I think your decision to use a cane in the home is an excellent idea. You may find that you don’t need it at some point. And that’s fine too,  right!?

Take care.

Warm regards,
Diane.
😀😄