[nfb-talk] window-eyes

Ed Meskys edmeskys at roadrunner.com
Tue Dec 22 00:33:21 UTC 2009

My son, Stanley, built me a new computer with a Pentium-4 chip and Windows XP to replace my old W98 machine. Next time he visits he will up the ram to 2 Gig. It is working very well, but because XP is the advanced version FS wants an extra $340 from me to not have to run jaws in demo mode. To put it mildly, I am pissed off.

Does Windoweyes charge extra for advanced windows? What is the initial cost of WE? I have heard that they will give you a discount if you switch from jfw and turn in your license. How much is this? What do you pay for an SMA for one next version? Does GW require you to buy every version in between should you mess up and fail to get an upgrade?

I will write GW to get a current demo to try running alternately with my paid for but demo version of jfw11.

Thanks, Ed Meskys.