[nfb-talk] abacus needed

Michael Bullis mabullis at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 9 00:31:55 UTC 2009

Well, I went first to google and found nothing about a ten bead abacus.
Apparently they were an artifact of a bygone day that has disappeared.
Thanks to all for your help.  I could explain at length the value of a ten
bead abacus and all the reasons why I'm sure the world has taken a wrong
turn by not using them with kids.  I might even be able to develop a
children's tutorial math program based on the ten bead abacus which I'd sell
along with a curiculum guide.  Perhaps at some point I'd do one of those
late night tv info-mercials and sell this math tool for middle class
families everywhere.  I could have mothers, fathers and children all talking
about how they didn't understand math until they baught the Bullis ten bead.
Laugh.  Well, anyway, all that is for another day.

In the mean time, thanks to all for your help.
Mike Bullis