[nfb-talk] Proposal to Decrease the Blind Unemployment Rate

Antonio M. Guimaraes iamantonio at cox.net
Sat Feb 28 04:13:16 UTC 2009

Hello Eddie,

While I can understand the value of your proposal, I believe the
responsibility to purchase technology should rest with the already existing,
federally and state-funded blindness commissions.

the NFB certainly has a loan program, and though it has been directed much
towards purchases of the KNFB phones, people can still purchase technology
by taking out loans from this funding source.

Providing high tech items should in my opinion stay where it is today, but I
think there is still much to do to gain more access to technologies in the
workplace. That is where we aught to focus our energy.

If people think they need a piece of equipment, they should convince voc
rehab of their needs, and somehow be accountable for the help they receive.

Sincerely,
Antonio Guimaraes

If an infinite number of rednecks riding in an infinite number of pickup
trucks fire an infinite number of shotgun rounds at an infinite number of
highway signs, they will eventually produce all the world's great literary
works in Braille.

Shop online and support the NFB of RI at no additional cost to you.
http://www.givebackamerica.com/charity.php?b=169
Givebackamerica.org, America's Online Charity Shopping Mall