[nfb-talk] Losing DVS

John G. Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Fri Jan 16 14:22:01 UTC 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alan Wheeler" <awheeler at neb.rr.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2009 4:13 PM
Subject: Re: [nfb-talk] Losing DVS

> John, you said:
> "You know, I checked it out. You can't even buy a transmitter w/o closed
> captioning. It's not an add-on piece of equipment. It's just built into
> every digital television transmitter. Furthermore, it's built into every
> digital television receiver. You don't have to look for a particular
> digital
> television  or a particular digital converter box. They all have closed
> captioning. That should be how it is with SAP & DVS."
>
> Reread that last sentence, please.  What you just stated is an opinion, it
> so happens you got disagreed with and now all you can do is spew sour
> grapes on this list.  I, for one, am tired of it.  We get it, we get it,
> you think DVS should be everywhere in the universe. But, I repeat, that is
> *YOUR OPINION!*  Now, grow up and accept the fact that the NFB thought the
> issue ought to be approached differently. I am sorry if I seem harsh, but
> you keep coming back to blaming the NFB, and the fact is that all they
> share the blame in is in disagreeing with the opinion of one Mr. John G.
> Heim.  Sorry, sir, but that isn't a crime.

Stop calling me "sir".

What you're saying makes absolutely no sense.  The National Federation of
the Blind takes action that is counter to my best interests and I should
just accept that? Why?

Why shouldn't I complain when the NFB does things that harm me?

Why shouldn't I complain when  the NFB does things that harm me? That just
makes no sense for you to say I shouldn't