[nfb-talk] canes and planes

Kathleen Millhoff kmillhoff at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 21:17:27 UTC 2009

Good Morning from the Western Pacific,

I'm getting ready to present some opening remarks at a technology
conference here, and wonder if I could have some help; specifically,
I'd like to move beyond myth, legend and hearsay and learn the truth
about what happened when the NFB protested against having canes taken
away on airlines. By the way, I'm pretty old, and never had a problem
with my cane on a plane but since lots of people did, and the NFB
dealt with it, I'd like to know some specific things. For one thing,
I've heard or read or just intuited, that people blocked planes from
take-off somewhere. I was working it into my talk when I realized that
I didn't really know if this happened. Having been aided, corrected
and advised many times on this list, I hope someone will help me learn
the reality of the situation.
Thanks very much.
kat

--
kathy millhoff - "Let each morn be better than its eve, and each
morrow richer than its yesterday."