[nfb-talk] canes and planes

tribble lauraeaves at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 27 16:54:50 UTC 2009

I've never had a complaint about my cane, but was hand searched when the
titanium rod in my left leg set off the metal detector. I explained it was
surgical hardware and the guard apologized but said it was policy.
I haven't flown since 9/11/2001 and can imagine there is tighter security
now -- I hear you can't even bring on a bag with a travel bottle of shampoo
as it might carry a noxious substance.
Insane world we live in, isn't it?
--le