[nfb-talk] Proposal to Decrease Unemployment Among the Blind

Tanna S. tshoyo at neb.rr.com
Mon Mar 2 00:47:26 UTC 2009

I found it a challenge to educate the sighted people when I was looking for
a job.  I also think that it takes doing things such as volunteering to show
them what we can do for a prospective employer.  I'm pleased to report that
I'm working full-time for the State of Nebraska as a case aid.  I got my
foot in the door by volunteering.  As of last Friday, I completed my six
month probation.
Tanna Shoyo
Lincoln, NE