[nfb-talk] FW: Hadley E-Connect, March 16, 2009

Steve & Shannon Cook cookcafe at sc.rr.com
Mon Mar 16 22:54:53 UTC 2009

Steve & Shannon
Windows Live Messenger: stcook at sccb.sc.gov
Today I married my best friend.
The one that I laugh with, live for, love.
October 11, 2003
You have to change with the change or be destroyed by the change.

  _____

Sent: Monday, March 16, 2009 3:21 PM
To: cookcafe at sc.rr.com
Subject: Hadley E-Connect, March 16, 2009

 header image: eConnect from The Hadley School for the Blind
<http://app.icontact.com/icp/loadimage.php/mogile/225701/c3809f9160860d7ef05
3d7f764d8f6dc/image/jpeg>

March 16, 2009

Seminars at Hadley Presents: Staying Safe Online

Date: Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Time: 1:30 PM CDT, 18:30 GMT

We are constantly being bombarded with news about identity theft, Internet
scams and potential e-mail viruses. How do you know when it is safe to enter
your credit card or personal information on a web site or open an e-mail
attachment? Join us for Seminars at Hadley as we present "Staying Safe Online"
with Andre Lukatsky, Hadley's Director of Computer Services and Hadley
technology instructor Amy Salmon. You will learn about:

*	Malicious software - trojan horses, malware, spyware, fakeware.

*	Personal Identity - guidelines for protecting your personal
information such as credit card numbers.

*	Security - antivirus, antispyware, firewall and pop-up blocker
software.

*	E-mail scams and viruses.

*	Unsolicited e-mail and e-mail list management.

*	The do's and don'ts for Internet and e-mail safety.

We will allow ample time for your questions and suggestions. This 60-minute
seminar will be moderated by Dawn Turco, Hadley's Senior Vice President.
 To register, please follow this
<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=10207074&msgid=187731&act=GE9S&c=
225701&admin=0&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hadley.edu%2Fseminar> link.

NEW! Typing and Keyboarding course
Do you want to type efficiently on a typewriter or computer keyboard?
Hadley's new course "Typing and Keyboarding" may be just what you are
looking for! Available to ACE and High School students in large print or
braille (audio coming soon.) Prerequisites apply, so learn more by following
this link
<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=10207074&msgid=187731&act=GE9S&c=
225701&admin=0&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hadley.edu%2FshowCourses.asp%3Fc
ourseid%3DKEY-101> .
<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=10207074&msgid=187731&act=GE9S&c=
225701&admin=0&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fhadley.edu%2FshowCourses.asp%3Fcours
eid%3DEMP-101>

Feedback at Hadley: Favorite Facts
What is your favorite fact about blindness or low vision that you share with
others? Send us something you've learned from Hadley or from life experience
by e-mailing feedback at hadley.edu
<mailto:feedback at hadley.edu?subject=Favorite%20Facts%20> .

Hadley
<http://app.icontact.com/icp/sub/forward?m=187731&s=10207074&c=GE9S&cid=2257
01> encourages you to forward this newsletter to a friend.

About
<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=10207074&msgid=187731&act=GE9S&c=
225701&admin=0&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hadley-school.org%2F1_a_AboutHad
ley.asp> Hadley    Enroll
<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=10207074&msgid=187731&act=GE9S&c=
225701&admin=0&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hadley.edu%2F3_d_enrollmentAppli
cation.asp> Now    Donate
<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=10207074&msgid=187731&act=GE9S&c=
225701&admin=0&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hadley.edu%2F10_a_supportHadley.
asp> Online

 footer image: The Hadley School for the Blind, 700 Elm Street, Winnetka, IL
60093, 800-323-4238
<http://app.icontact.com/icp/loadimage.php/mogile/225701/272d3338899fe3a2800
59876bda98b77/image/jpeg>

This message was sent from The Hadley School for the Blind to
cookcafe at sc.rr.com. It was sent from: The Hadley School for the Blind, 700
Elm St. , Winnetka, IL 60093. You can modify/update your subscription via
the link below.	  <http://www.icontact.com/a.pl/144186> Email Marketing
Software