[nfb-talk] March For Independence, bringing hope and freedom to our nation's blind

Michael D. Barber m.barber at mchsi.com
Sun May 10 17:12:16 UTC 2009

	Greetings:  I have committed to march in the third annual March for
Independence in Detroit this year at the convention of the National
Federation of the Blind.  The National Federation of the Blind means
everything to me because this organization espouses exactly my positive
can-do philosophy of blindness, a philosophy I was introduced to by Dr.
Kenneth Jernigan when I was a student at the Iowa Adult Orientation and
Adjustment Center in 1967.

Raising funds is not something I do very well, but I'm asking for your help
this year.  The programs of the National Federation of the Blind and the
Jernigan Institute bring freedom and hope to those blind brothers and
sisters across our nation who might feel hopeless and imprisoned by
misconceptions and myths about blindness on the part of the general public
and perhaps themselves.  When I think about how the National Federation of
the Blind is successfully changing what it means to be blind in the areas of
education, legislation, in the employment arena, and for our youth, I feel
even more inspired to continue helping wherever I can to continue changing
what it means to be blind and spreading the message of hope and freedom.

Perhaps you aren't able to attend the convention this year.  I invite you to
click on the link below and support me in my quest to raise more funds for
the National Federation of the Blind. I will be  eternally grateful to you
as will countless blind people who will be helped as a result of funds
raised in this great event.

If you are able to attend, I hope you have already registered to march in
the third annual March for Independence walk this year.  Maybe you are
looking for someone to support.  If so, please click on the link below and
support me.  In so doing, you are supporting countless blind people around
the nation who will be reached in years to come by the National Federation
of the Blind.

Thank you very much for your gift in advance.

http://www.marchforindependence.org/site/TR/walk/General?px=1125601&pg=perso
nal&fr_id=1050

Cordially,
Michael D. Barber, President