[nfb-talk] checking in

John G. Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Tue May 12 15:27:35 UTC 2009

I just thought I'd check in with all my friends here at nfb-talk. I've been
really busy lately so I haven't posted here much. I'm trying to start a
non-profit for visually impaired technologists. The idea is that the group
would provide information to help blind/vi computer technologists do their
jobs and perhaps get technology companies to remove some of the obstructions
they place in our way.

Anyway, the reason I'm writing is that my guide dog is going to have a
tailectomy tomorrow. He got a mass cell tumor on his tail and it has to come
off. Most likely the cancer has not spread and he should be able to keep
working afterward. But he'll be out of commission for a few days. I'm going
to take vacation rather than try my cane skills. I'm sure I could, I just
don't want to.