[nfb-talk] checking in

John G. Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Wed May 13 21:02:52 UTC 2009

The vet just called. My guide dog is out of surgery and doing well. He may
be able to come home tonight. But he may have to stay in the hospital over
night. Don't know yet.

We had a bit of a mess in that the vets from the guide dog school couldn't
connect with the vets here in Madison, WI. We really needed all of them to
talk and to agree on a plan. It was a case of telephone tag with my dog
caught in the middle. It wasn't until yesterday afternoon that it was
settled.  That was cutting it kind of close considering he was supposed to
have it done today. But it all got worked out eventually.