[nfb-talk] Important: Help Keep the Blind Out Of the Literary Ghetto

John G. Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Fri May 29 23:34:26 UTC 2009

The document on copyright.gov mentions that the opposition comes from the
movie industry and the software industry. It mentions the name of 2
organizations who's comments it was rebutting. So if you look at the
document I provided a link to, you can probably find the comments by the
other organizations.

But basically, it's going to boil down to money.  I doubt that the movie and
software industries have legitimate concerns. But business is business. A
business will always try to avoid anything that *might* cost them money. And
if a few million blind people get screwed over in the process, well, that's
too bad. But business is business.

Civilization is the process of finding the most efficient and fair rules for
us to all live by. Letting market forces have their way doesn't always lead
the the best solution to a given problem.