[nfb-talk] Passing of Mary Archer

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Tue Sep 15 21:18:35 UTC 2009

It is with sadness that I must tell you of the passing of Mary
Archer.  Minnesota residents will know her as the long-time
Supervisor of the Braille Section at SSB's Communication
Center.  Others will know her as a past president of NBA, the
National Braille Association, and a Board member of BANA, the Braille
Authority of North America.

Her commitment to Braille and getting it to the kids who need it is
well known, and Mary, we thank you for that.  She was a colleague, a
friend, and much more.  I thank her for everything she did on behalf
of the blind of the world, and will miss her.

David Andrews