[nfb-talk] [NFB-talk] [NFB-talk] New List for Blind Conservatives

Ray Foret Jr rforetjr at comcast.net
Wed Apr 21 15:01:04 UTC 2010

Mike, your points are well taken.  I want to say something here.  I did not mean, in any of my prior remarks, to cause personal offense to any; but, I have been made aware that some took offense.  I'm not going to name the person who wrote me privately and very vissiously and personally attacked me last night for what I said; but, it did cause me to wonder.  We say we're normal.  We say we're just like anybody else; but, honestly, are we really?  Do we really think we are?  I said that I had sometimes felt that the federation was leaning too far to the left; but, I NEVER, EVER, EVER, said that this was and or is a fact.  Part of this was derived from the way we have become as a society I guess.  Every single time a "progressive", (I'm trying to put this nicely see?) says something, it's taken as gospel and an example of freedom of speech;  yet, every time a concervative says something, it's controversial.  I thought we were better than that.  I see where Ryan's coming from.  I suppose that, if worse truly comes to worse, and the national board of directors throws me out of the federation for being a blind concervative who actually speaks his mind, I'd have to say that I don't know that it would matter to some here.  To me, maybe it  would matter a little more because of the fact that if it hadn't been for God and the NFB, I would not have the independance that I now have.  And yet, honestly, who am I to others here?  Most likely not much; since, after all, I haven't really done anything truly note worthy in the movement compared to some.  OF course, I could just take myself off of my own occorde and thereby provide some a good deal of relief, but I'm not going to do that.  I have the right to express my opinions about things just as the progressives do.  IF I don't, then perhaps I was never really one of you in the first place.  Is the question I raised last night so sacred that if anyone dares to ask it, they're branded a trayter to the federation?  After last night, I think that's a fair question to ask; and, a rather sad one also.

Well?
Sincerely,
The Constantly Barefooted Ray!!!!!

Now a proud Mac user!!!!!