[nfb-talk] IAVAT

John G. Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Fri Apr 23 15:08:36 UTC 2010

Right now we don't have the money to pay you. We have about $400 in the bank
and most of that will have to go to fees for registering as a non-profit
with the IRS. Also for lawyer fees. Our lawyer, his name is Matthew Graves,
is also the Secretary & Treasurer and so far he hasn't charged us a dime.
But it probably isn't fair to expect him to do this all for nothing. He's
probably donated more of his time that I have at this point.

That $400 is what's left of the $600 I donated to get IAVIT off the ground.
Somebody donated the money to pay for the domain name, iavit.org. Our web
space is also donated.  But that's it so far.

But I haven't even tried to get donations  yet since we are still working on
getting tax exempt status from the IRS.