[nfb-talk] my ideas for ending SSI & SSDI

T. Joseph Carter carter.tjoseph at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 15:58:35 UTC 2010

I think it would be difficult to regulate that kind of stupidity out
of existence.  Moreover, the attempt is somewhat dangerous, because
the power of the government to control what is in your employer's
sales script for a telemarketer is most fundamentally an infringement
of free speech.

I'd never work for a person who attempted to use my disability to
make a buck.  I don't know many who would.  Exposure tends to end
such practices without government intervention, most of the time.

There is danger in under-regulation, but I don't think this example
holds very well.  I don't believe you can legislate or regulate
morality or common sense.  If you could, Congress would be illegal.

No, such lessons must be taught by hitting the people like your
lightbulb salesman where it counts—right in the pocketbook.

Joseph