[nfb-talk] the Extreme Makeover episode

Peter Donahue pdonahue2 at satx.rr.com
Mon Dec 6 03:20:22 UTC 2010

Hello Ray and everyone,

    If we can get wind of where the next make-over project for a blind
person or couple will occur let's see how they would feel about their
producers and make-over teams being met by a picket line of blind persons
from throughout the country to let them know what harm their
well-intentioned program does to the blind and others with disabilities. If
we could shut down Blindness in about a week's time by posting picket lines
around the country where  that film was shown we should be able to let ABC
know that their days of Extreme Make-Over programs profiling projects for
the blind that promote the same sorry attitudes and stereotypes about the
blind are numbered! How disgusting!

Peter Donahue