[nfb-talk] Enough already!

Powers, Terry (NIH/OD/DEAS) [E] Terry.Powers at nih.gov
Mon Dec 13 13:08:14 UTC 2010

I do not think the NFB is totally against changing curancy.  It is the cost and desiding what design would fit the needs of everyone and be easily identified.  We are in finantial trouble and it would caust way, way, more to restructure all of our bank machines and vending machines in the US than it most likely would cost to give those who could not afford one, an I-bill.  We would have to have machines to transfer the old money into new or the machines would also have to accommodate the old bills.  This would be a long and had transaction.  It is not something that can be done over night.  I think finding jobs and cleaning up our finantial problem is much more important.  We have delt with currancy of the same size for many a year and it would just put our country in a deeper debt.  We need to find jobs for our people and get out of this recession.  I have an I-bill and since I am used to folding money and seperating my bills and I have a little sight, surprisingly, I do not use it as much as I thought I would.

Terry Powers