[nfb-talk] collapse of board

Ed Meskys edmeskys at roadrunner.com
Tue Feb 23 17:46:13 UTC 2010

I just found out that the nfb of nh state board has completely collapsed and only one plans to stand for re-election at our annual meeting on May 15. Our board meeting this Saturday is to discuss winding down the affiliate, as no one is willing to take charge.

We have two surviving chapters. Where will this leave us? My chapter, Lakes Region, is viable but only a very few members are interested in state and national issues, and most do not participate at the state or national level. Are there people in the recently re-organized Monodnock Chapter or the Student Division who can do anything on the state or national level?

And how will we function without a viable state affiliate.

Communications have been so negative that it is hard to build any enthusiasm for getting anything done.

When I became state president in 1988 I got 100 people to our state convention. I was president off and on for 10 years, but now I am too old and tired. I will be 74 years old in a half month, and can no longer do it.

We used to get praise from the Maine and Vermont affiliates for having such a good state organization, and they expressed jealousy at how well our board worked together.

Oh, and can anyone suggest how we do go about winding our affiliate down, and what should happen to the two viable chapters and the student division?

Ed Meskys