[nfb-talk] kindle debate

John Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Sat Jan 16 17:52:57 UTC 2010

Well, I don't think there is any question that the law is on the side
of the NFB. That really is good enough for me. But some people aren't
satisfied with that. And something can be legal but still wrong. I'm
really interested in convincing my buddy that not only was the NFb
right legally, they were right morally.

I really believe Amazon would never have made the kindle accessible if
not for the lawsuit against ASU and Case-Western

I suppose it is probably not realistic to hope to settle this. I
really think the NFB and ACB did what they had to do even if it was
kind of unfair to the rest of the students. Certainly, the law is on
our side. But more than that, it was for the greater good. As I said,
my buddy doesn't dispute the fact that if blind students are left
behind, it hurts everyone.