[nfb-talk] more on attendance

Ed Meskys edmeskys at roadrunner.com
Thu Jul 15 12:37:27 UTC 2010

I got sidetracked, and forgot to mention that I think our attendance peaked at about 3300 the year we were in New Orleans, and was about the same for the next year or two. Since then we rarely broke three thousand, and as I said in my last post, has been hovering around 2700 for several years. This year's 2442 was a new low for many years. I hope Orlando will attract many new attendees. I go for the convention, and not the city, and rarely leave the hotel. This year the only time I left was to have breakfast at Denny's across the street one morning. Last year I traveled to the con on Amtrak, and the only train home was Friday evening. As a result I had all day Friday free, so I went with several New Hampshireites to the Motown museum, and had dinner at a seafood restaurant in Greektown.

Ed Meskys