[nfb-talk] philosophy taken to another level then?

John G. Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Mon Jul 19 15:11:26 UTC 2010

Well, I've always been willing to discuss these things civilly. Anyway, I'd
be interested in hearing your opinions as to what the problems are and what
is causing them. who knows? We may even find some common ground.

The problem, from my point of view, is that the NFB has taken some positions
that are impossible to justify on a rational basis. I've attributed that to
a morphing of the NFB philosophy into something that it was never intended.
But, of course, we're never going to agree on the cause of the problem if we
aren't even talking about the same problem.

But we can agree on the basic problem even if we don't agree on all the
issues. I think the NFB took backward positions on DVS, accessible money,
and APS. You don't necessarily have to agree with any of that for us to be
talking about the same problem. It seems unlikely that we're talking about
the same problem if you approve of the NFB position on all of those issues
but still its possible.

So I'd be interested in hearing what problems you see and what you think has
caused them.