[nfb-talk] Cost of producing childrens' books in braille

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Fri May 7 05:04:53 UTC 2010

Mary:

There are many answers to this question -- if you want to call me at
work tomorrow 651-642-0513 we can talk it through.

At a minimum you would probably need a computer, translation
software, an embosser, paper, binding machine and
supplies.  Depending on book you might also need scanner and OCR
software, thermoform machine and supplies, supplies for creating
tactile graphics.  There is probably more, but this comes to mind.

for one book, it is cheaper to get someone to do it.

Dave