[nfb-talk] Fw: Thru Our Eyes interviews, Wed. May 19, diabetes, tech tips, book reviews, etc

Vincent Chaney vgc732 at optonline.net
Tue May 18 09:51:43 UTC 2010

Thru Our Eyes announces a doubleheader of education, information and
inspiration!

On Wednesday, May 19, at 8:00 EDT, Joe Ruffalo, member of the NFB
board of directors and affiliate president in New Jersey,  will host
an hour interview with a timely topic on diabetes.
Joe and his guests, Jerry Munden, vice president of business
development for Prodigy Diabetes Care and Jordan Benis, chief
operations officer for Advanced Diabetic Solutions will discuss the following:
The history of each of the companies
Their company's blood glucose monitors, the Prodigy Voice and the Solo V2
The importance of blood glucose monitoring by all diabetics
Medicare and private insurance coverage for the audible blood glucose
monitors and the difficulties experienced by many
Jerry Munden will discuss the Prodigy Count-a-Dose and other products
by Prodigy Diabetes Care available now and to come.
Jordan Benis will speak about ADS and the other diabetic products
they have, I.e. socks, shoes, slippers, etc.
The objective for this very educational and informative interview is
to provide the diabetic audience the knowledge of audible, accessible
tools and information in their choice of a monitor and other diabetic products.
  Immediately following, The Bright Side will conduct an informative
interview hosted by Jane Degenshein, a member of the at large chapter
of the NFBNJ and leader of Eyes Closed, Hearts Open, ECHO and Jerry
Moreno, president of a local chapter in North Carolina and a long
time member of the NFB who will interview, Rebecca Irvin, member of
the NFBNJ, northern chapter, Braille tutor, active member in her
community and a true leader.
Also highlighted will be Jerry's tech tips and Jane's book reviews.

How to access Thru Our Eyes:
Logging into <http://www.thruoureyes.org>www.thruoureyes.org
or for JAWS users,
<http://www.thruoureyes.org/jaws.html>www.thruoureyes.org/jaws.html
If you wish to call in a question or comment, please dial 1 888 572 0141