[nfb-talk] Fw: Implanted chip 'allows blind people to detectobjects'

John G. Heim john at johnheim.net
Sun Nov 7 16:47:54 UTC 2010

Well, for that matter, couldn't you say the same thing about the KNFB
Reader? Anyone who wants a KNFB reader isn't fully adjusted to being blind,
right? In what fundamental way is this chip different from a KNFB Reader? In
fact, you could argue that the KNFB Reader gives restaurants an excuse to
not bother making braille menus.

PS: I want a KNFB reader too. Next time I have an extra $2000 lying around
doing nothing, I'm going to jump on it. Well, actually, that's probably not
true. I'll probably buy an IPhone next. Still, that KNFB Reader is cool.