[nfb-talk] [Vrstream] Fw: [fcb-l] FW: [acb-l]Stevie Wonderto UN: Ease Copyrights for theBlind

John Heim john at johnheim.net
Tue Sep 21 19:29:00 UTC 2010

I am unaware of any on-line petitions you can sign. Altough that does sound
like an interesting idea.

Personally, I wrote a letter to President Obama asking him to direct the US
negotiators to come out in favor of the treaty. Actually, the United States
considerably softened its stance last spring. We were dead-set against it at
one time. To be honest, and some of the people on this list aren't going to
like this, I think the change came about as a result of the Obama
administration directing the negotiators to change their stance from what it
was during the Bush administration. In all fairness though, it took a year
and a half and its not like the USA is now fighting for the treaty. We're
just not opposing it real hard any more.  Still, what little progress there
has been is probably because a Democrat is in the Whitehouse.

>From what I understand, the European Union is still taking a hard line. It
amazes me because I've heard that the EU requires farmers to give pigs a
certain number of play hours a week. I guess when it comes to people they're
not quite so caring.