[nfb-talk] Early Resolution on Assistive Technology

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Sat Sep 25 20:08:48 UTC 2010

Joshua:

I would guess that your intentions, and idealism are good.  However,
I personally couldn't support such a resolution for two
reasons.  First, it would make our already expensive assistive
technology more expensive then it already is.  Secondly, we
traditionally support things directly related to blindness.  While
solar power, and the environment are worthy causes -- they aren't our
causes.  Further, much of the equipment we use wouldn't normally be
taken out into the sunlight, and I don't know how good a  job at
charging indoor light would do.

Dave

                         David Andrews:  dandrews at visi.com
Follow me on Twitter:  http://www.twitter.com/dandrews920