[nfb-talk] Accessible Bank websites

Brian Miller brian-r-miller at uiowa.edu
Thu Sep 30 11:30:11 UTC 2010

I also bank with  Bank of America, and their website is accessible, and they
have a good phone banking option.  I've also noticed, however, that the
website has become rather sluggish in the past year.  It's accessible, but
it takes a long time to load the page, the edit boxes take a few long
seconds to manifest if you are using a version of JAWS prior to 10, and it
takes a few long seconds to do a JAWS search for a word or phrase as well.
I don't think this is a JAWS 9 thing, as I have the same issues when I go to
the site at work, where I have JAWS 10.

Overall, though, the site allows you to do a very wide range of banking
activities, all of which are readable with a screen reader.  I haven't found
anything I wasn't able to do yet.

Brian Miller