[nfb-talk] Learning Ally and PC Pitfalls

Constance Canode satin-bear at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 14 23:06:07 UTC 2011

I remember back in my hippie days, we used to say
blind is beautiful, and so it is.  I am a person
who happens to be blind.  I am certainly not
ashamed of that or who I am, as none of us should
be.  We are not handi-capable, oh how I hate that
word, or in my opinion, I am not visually
impaired.  How can something that doesn't exist
for me personally be impaired.  Just be blind and
be proud.  I like the old name better also.  This
new one just doesn't make sense to me.