[nfb-talk] FW: {Disarmed} FW: A personal report from Chairman Gordon Gund

Jeanette Fortin jeanette at fortin-home.com
Thu Apr 21 22:03:30 UTC 2011

well let me say this, why not fight blindness? if there is a way some people
can regain their vision or if doctors can help folks to save the vision they
have, go for it.
i got a call today from my cousin who works with hazzardess materials in his
job.  he was hit in the face with some costic liquid last week and lost his
vision for a couple of days.  Because he was rushed to a special hospital
and given specific treatment for his eyes which were damaged by the costic
liquid, the doctors are hopeful he will regain all or most of his vision.
 from some folks way of thinking it appears they think it would be just fine
for him to have lost  his vision and subsequently his job.  it gave him a
true appreciation of those of us who have dealt with vision loss for years
and has made him grateful for whatever  vision he has.
i think maybe the name of the organization, fighting blindness may offend
some folks, but if you understand how someone who had vision and loses it
feels maybe you would understand why the foundation is trying to find ways
to help folks either regain or not lose their vision, jeanette