[nfb-talk] List Behavior

John Heim john at johnheim.net
Tue Apr 26 23:55:38 UTC 2011

I don't believe its legal for Dave to kick me off this list. I have already
asked a lawyer about this. The NFB is partially funded by the federal
government and  is therefore bound by the First Amendment. Besides, it would
be wrong to kick me off the list. Its not my fault so many of you cannot
control your tempers. Its not my fault so many of you are intolerant of
ideas that differ from your own.  Its ludicrous to blame me for the fact
that merely bringing up the NFB's position on accessible money causes so
many of you to lose your tempers.

However, I do recognize that this has gone too far. Therefore I make the
following promises:

1. Never again to bring up any of the following:
* Accessible money
* DVS
* The NFB philosophy

2. Never to bring up accessible pedestrian signals unless there is news.

3. To not post anything to this list for another month.  It puzzles me that
Dave seemed to be angry about the fact that I didn't post to this list for 3
months. I intended that as a favor to the list. At the risk of offending
him, I'm going to do it again.

Note: When I say never, I mean never. Note too that I am not promising to
never argue about  these issues again. If someone else brings them up, I
feel I have a right to express my opinion.

PS: I am going to put nfb-talk in my killfile for a day or two to make it
easier for me to keep my promise #3. But as always, I welcome private email
to john at johnheim.net. Just make sure it does not have nfb-talk in the
subject.

PPS: I really do apologize for being an annoyance on this list. But as I
said, I do not consider it my fault that other people cannot control their
tempers. I just think these issues, especially accessible pedestrian
signals,  are very important. But I don't have the slightest bit of hard
feelings toward anybody on this list. I swear it. I would like nothing more
than to hear from you via private email.