[nfb-talk] NY Times Article on Gov. Paterson and Braille

ckrugman at sbcglobal.net ckrugman at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 2 07:39:16 UTC 2011

Paterson seems to use lots of excuses to deal with his blindness. Although
not quoted in this article he previously stated that he did not want to use
a cane or a guide dog in Haarlem as he would stand out as a target in the
inner city. It all comes down to choices of being a truly independent blind
person or reinforcing the stereotypes that exist. perhaps Paterson might
have functioned better as governor had he come to terms with these issues in
a different manner.
Chuck