[nfb-talk] TSA discrimination in Orlando

Alicia Richards alicianfb at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 04:37:52 UTC 2011

I agree with Mike and others here.  Yes, the TSA has been given too much
power.  It's shameful that they can perform such invasive patdowns,
violating one's personal space and dignity.  but as Ryan said, that's not a
blindness issue: they can do that to anyone.  And, I've never understood
people's issue with giving up their cane for 30 seconds, taking someone's
hand to walk five steps through the security check, and then have their cane
handed right back to them.  I question someone's mobility training if they
are unable to walk five steps without their cane, and also can't help but
wonder if they're exhibiting what I believe was once called, "rebellious
independence," by refusing to take the hand or arm of a TSA official for
that very brief time.  But to each their own.  Joseph, I'll be curious if
you get a reply from Scott LaBarre about this?

Alicia

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 6282 (20110710) __________

http://www.eset.com