[nfb-talk] TSA discrimination in Orlando

T. Joseph Carter carter.tjoseph at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 18:31:05 UTC 2011

Dave,

I was not given that option.  Had I been given it, I too would
probably have taken it.

And YES, I am angry.  Not so much at the TSA, who are merely ignorant
and trying to cover their ignorance in the stupidest manner possible.
I am angry at the patrons of this list for declaring an infringement
of the rights we fought hard for to be no big deal.  What was the
point if it’s no big deal, and how can anyone take this organization
seriously if we are not willing to defend what we’ve fought for?

These TSA guys need some training in their own regulations.  I have
yet to ever actually hear of a TSA lawsuit that’s gone to trial and
been lost as Mike keeps suggesting, only media coverage of incidents
where the TSA has followed their own rules in rather unfortunate
incidents, along with some pat downs that were performed improperly
in the estimation of the recipients.

This isn’t that.  The TSA at this individual airport did not follow
their own regulations in this instance, and they need some basic
training in what those regulations are as they pertain to blindness.
Supposedly that’s not our fight.  Whose is it, then?

Yeah, I’m angry.  And my anger is directed right at this list.  The
attitude of it doesn’t affect me, so I don’t care is the death of any
advocacy organization.

Joseph