[nfb-talk] Braille Monitor

Ed Meskys edmeskys at roadrunner.com
Wed Jul 13 23:56:45 UTC 2011

I am surprised that no one has referred to Dr. Maurer's announcement of the end of the cassette edition of the Braille Monitor after the December issue. Computer users will be encouraged to download it, but no decision has yet been made as to what will be done for non-computer users. A possibility is thumb drives, which can be cheaper than the cartridges. We are supposed to get a full announcement in September. In answer to a question, we were told that it cannot be placed on BARD, but downloads will have to be from an NFB site.