[nfb-talk] prescription labels

Ed Meskys edmeskys at roadrunner.com
Thu Mar 24 00:03:20 UTC 2011

A few years ago we had at the NH state convention presentations about two
competing, incompatible, systems for talking prescription bottles. Both
systems require the pharmacy to buy for a couple hundred dollars a recording
system. One system used cheap prescription bottles, but required the patient
to buy a reading machine for about $100-200. The other used self-voicing
prescription bottles which, at the time, cost about $10. Are both systems
still out there, or has one won out? If both are available, has our national
organization expressed a preference for one?

What has prompted this question is receiving several messages in the past
few days originating with the AFB asking us to urge officials to promote one
system. I do not know which of the two possible systems this is.

I am sending this to NHblind-talk and to NFB-talk for added information.

Ed Meskys