[nfb-talk] Time of Day Services:

Gloria Whipple ladygloria at webband.com
Sun Mar 27 15:37:52 UTC 2011

Amen!

Gloria Whipple
Corresponding Secretary
Inland Empire chapter
nfb of WA

-----Original Message-----
From: nfb-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:nfb-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of T. Joseph Carter
Sent: Sunday, March 27, 2011 04:25
To: NFB Talk Mailing List
Subject: Re: [nfb-talk] Time of Day Services:

A talking watch is $10, if you can stand to use the infernal things.
$20 if you buy it at Radio Shack.  Having a means to tell time is
considered one of the prerequisites in my state for attending a
training program.  If someone tells me that they are stuck because
they haven’t got a way to tell time because they’re blind, my only
reasonable answer is to suck it up and get a watch.

If truly need be, we can get a person a watch.  But for the most
part, I think the problem there is not the want of a watch, but
rather the want of the motivation to be no longer dependent upon
others for something so basic as knowing what time it is.

Joseph