[nfb-talk] National Convention- please keep the rest of usposted

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Wed May 25 00:03:17 UTC 2011

Of course  The National Federation of the Blind set up  the recording
for it's  own convention. I think we understand that in the NFB we are
one large group believing in one thing, in basic. I  don't believe we
need to qualify our statements, as I would hope we are secure in
ourselves as members of the Federation to  know we are  a part of the
whole.
  That said, the reality of  the matter is that "we" would imply that
each and every person involved in this thread, and to  a larger
extent, the Federation is  setting up the equipment and pressing all
of the right buttons  to make  the recording  and streaming happen.
So, in that sense, I can see why "they"  was used, I might have even
phrased it that way, because  in society, taking credit for other
people's work is looked down upon.
  Respectfully,
  Darian