[nfb-talk] A Note of Thanks

Karen Rose rosekm at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 14 22:39:54 UTC 2012

A couple of days ago, I posted a note asking to find competent blind
travelers in Raleigh, N.C.  I am visiting my parents here, ages 81 and 88.
While they have lived here for some time, they have recently gone from two
drivers to one.  I have been wanting to help them out with errands and such,
but they have always told me that there is no transit in their area and that
everyone here either drives or depends on someone else to drive them.  I
know this can't be true, but often people who drive simply don't notice any
other options.

I have been overwhelmed by the number of kind blind people who live in
Raleigh and are willing to help me with information on how they travel here.

Most blind people are members of families in which everyone else is sighted.
It isonderful to realize that we have a network of other blind people who
are willing to help one another out, especially with things that sighted
friends and family members simply don't know.

Thanks to all.

Karen