[nfb-talk] Occupy Goodwill in Oakland, California

Mary Willows mwillows at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 27 02:43:16 UTC 2012

California held informational protests in six cities.  Many, many people
took our flyers and promised not to shop at Goodwill.  In Oakland, we staged
a protest outside of the main distribution center and training center.  I
met with the General Manager who said they do pay minimum wages at that
location and that they only use the name Goodwill but don't really have
anything to do with Goodwill Industries International.  However, he would
not put anything in writing.

It was a good day on the picket lines.
Mary Willows, President
mwillows at sbcglobal.net