[nfb-talk] Fw: thought you'd enjoy this/Reply--a warning

Ed Meskys edmeskys at roadrunner.com
Sun Dec 2 12:55:49 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
From: Bonnie Callahan
To: Ed Meskys
Sent: Sunday, December 02, 2012 7:42 AM
Subject: Re: thought you'd enjoy this/Reply--a warning

Hi Ed,

Glad you sent this, as we experienced a particularly nasty hack on Thanksgiving.

The scam/spam/scummer attacked our Yahoo account, which we have had since 2006.
The creep used our contacts to send out a totally lame "HELP we are stuck in London
bereft of funds and need YOU to send us monies to get HOME!!!"

They then somehow deleted all of our stored Emails, drafts, contacts ,folders with messages
we had saved since early 2006. And Yahoo said they had nothing in the way of backup and could not
restore them. I lost all of my Fandom files!!! Yeah I should have printed every one of them out--
didn't have time---
but nothing I had read about (nor did any of my computer mavens know of) indicated
that the scammers could do this!!!

Pls warn Fandom of this scam-scummer. Does this mean we need to save EVERYTHING into the
increasingly unusable Microsoft Word or print out? I am now saving my simpler messages into
Windows Notepad. Can't save everything anymore, it is becoming so cumbersome.

Thanks, as I would not have had your Email anymore--but you sent messages so I could
reinstate your address...just praying the scum doesn't hit again before I can move to a
safer "domain".

 Blessings to you and Sandy and the critters, Bonnie