[nfb-talk] Facebook's Photo ID System Inaccessible to the Blind

Chris Nusbaum dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 01:03:28 UTC 2012

Hi Eddie,

	Although I have never personally had to deal with this security
feature on my Facebook, I do understand that this can be a big problem. It
kind of reminds me of a Kaptcha. Are there any options for an alternative
security test? Also, are you using Facebook's regular site
(www.facebook.com) or the mobile site (m.facebook.com?) When I log in on the
mobile site and I accidentally type my password in incorrectly, it prompts
me to retype my password. This time, the password is shown in plain text
instead of the usual asterisks. This, as you can understand, presents no
accessibility problem whatsoever. To my knowledge, there is no setting one
needs to change in order to tell Facebook to do this; it just does it on the
mobile site. If you are using the regular site, try logging in on the mobile
site and you should not run into the photo ID test if you incorrectly type
your password.

Hope this helps,

Chris