[nfb-talk] Alright, from another passionate liberal.RE: nfb-talk Digest, Vol 55, Issue 62

Robert Ortiz bobby7391 at optimum.net
Sat Dec 22 20:43:41 CST 2012


Mark,

Thanks for the support.  I was beginning to feel a little lonely in this
conversation.  I was away from my laptop for a few hours and I'm still
eating dinner.  But I've noticed that I still haven't seen anyone address
the facts and figures I put into my previous postings during this afternoon.
I hope to see someone refute me on the numbers.

By the way, I would like to invite all passionate liberals to feel free to
email me directly if they wish.

And by the way, I would like to also invite all passionate true
conservatives to email me directly if they would like to discuss real
numbers.

Sincerely, Robert Ortiz, the passionate liberal. 

-----Original Message-----
From: nfb-talk [mailto:nfb-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of
nfb-talk-request at nfbnet.org
Sent: Saturday, December 22, 2012 7:33 PM
To: nfb-talk at nfbnet.org
Subject: nfb-talk Digest, Vol 55, Issue 62

Send nfb-talk mailing list submissions to
	nfb-talk at nfbnet.org

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
	http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/nfb-talk_nfbnet.org
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
	nfb-talk-request at nfbnet.org

You can reach the person managing the list at
	nfb-talk-owner at nfbnet.org

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific than
"Re: Contents of nfb-talk digest..."


Today's Topics:

   1. Re: On Fox News and Spending MythRE: nfb-talk Digest,	Vol 55,
      Issue 50 (Mark Tardif)


----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2012 19:33:08 -0500
From: "Mark Tardif" <markspark at roadrunner.com>
To: "NFB Talk Mailing List" <nfb-talk at nfbnet.org>
Subject: Re: [nfb-talk] On Fox News and Spending MythRE: nfb-talk
	Digest,	Vol 55, Issue 50
Message-ID: <5547DC9796E94919A2BEDB44163A121A at mPC>
Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1";
	reply-type=original

Alright, another passionate liberal!!!  When I lived in Florida I was
becoming convinced that we were almost extinct.  Is it any wonder we have
such a huge debt when the tax rates are so askew?  I think not.  I was of
the opinion that we would, at the last minute, have a balanced deal to keep
us from going over the fiscal cliff, but now I no longer think so.  There is
an element that is so hard line in their ideology that rationality has gone
out the window and I think we will very likely go over the edge or, if we
don't, it will be one of these quick fixes that only delays the inevitable.

Mark Tardif
Nuclear arms will not hold you.
-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Ortiz
Sent: Saturday, December 22, 2012 4:11 PM
To: nfb-talk at nfbnet.org
Subject: [nfb-talk] On Fox News and Spending MythRE: nfb-talk Digest, Vol
55,Issue 50

Joshua,

I obviously cannot speak for the other side since I'm so obviously a
liberal.  But I suppose that those who like Fox news can always go there to
hear their side of news stories.  I don't want to sound offensive, but I
obviously don't think that Fox news (or Fixed News as liberals like to call
it) is or has anything "fair and balanced" about it.

And on government spending, I hope everyone would please consider one simple
mathematical fact.  First, the richest 2 percent of Americans who have
approximately half of America's entire wealth pay approximately between 12
and 15 percent in annual income taxes, while the rest of us in the 98
percent of the citizenry pay between 30 and 35 percent in annual income
taxes.  So the rich pay half of what the poor and middle class pay, so we
pay double what they pay.  Does that seem fair to anyone?

Also, the above figures apply to individuals.  Last year, over 200
corporations not only paid NO INCOME TAXES, they also still got tax refunds.
How you ask?  Easy, there tax rate on paper is 35 percent, but if they can
deduct 40 percent of their corporate income, then they would still get a 5
percent tax refund on all their corporate profit income.  How wonderful it
must be to be rich and get such deals!

Anyway, for those who want sources, check out the website Tax.com and google
everything David Kay Johnston is constantly writing on the subject of tax
fairness.

So, if the rich would have to pay the same percentage in taxes that poor and
middle class working people do, not only would there be no spending problem,
but also, America would have bigger surpluses than those that President
Clinton gave us.

Go ahead everyone, check it out for yourselves.

Sincerely, from a passionate liberal who apologizes if I sound a little too
passionate sometimes, Robert Ortiz



-----Original Message-----
From: nfb-talk [mailto:nfb-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of
nfb-talk-request at nfbnet.org
Sent: Saturday, December 22, 2012 2:00 PM
To: nfb-talk at nfbnet.org
Subject: nfb-talk Digest, Vol 55, Issue 50

Send nfb-talk mailing list submissions to nfb-talk at nfbnet.org

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/nfb-talk_nfbnet.org
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
nfb-talk-request at nfbnet.org

You can reach the person managing the list at nfb-talk-owner at nfbnet.org

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific than
"Re: Contents of nfb-talk digest..."


Today's Topics:

   1. Re: I'll tell ou why we shouldn't talk to Republicans.RE:
      nfb-talk Digest, Vol 55, Issue 43 (Joshua Lester)


----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2012 18:59:34 +0000
From: Joshua Lester <JLester8462 at PCCUAEDU.onmicrosoft.com>
To: NFB Talk Mailing List <nfb-talk at nfbnet.org>
Subject: Re: [nfb-talk] I'll tell ou why we shouldn't talk to
Republicans.RE: nfb-talk Digest, Vol 55, Issue 43
Message-ID:

<C59029FFE3A11944A4AD8DD66F7458C10D582006 at CH1PRD0710MB393.namprd07.prod.outl
ook.com>

Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

Okay?
Where's the other side's oppinion?
I want this to be fair and balanced, like Fox News!
Blessings, Joshua
________________________________________
From: nfb-talk [nfb-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org] on behalf of Robert Ortiz
[bobby7391 at optimum.net]
Sent: Saturday, December 22, 2012 12:53 PM
To: nfb-talk at nfbnet.org
Subject: [nfb-talk] I'll tell ou why we shouldn't talk to Republicans.RE:
nfb-talk Digest, Vol 55, Issue 43

Chris,

Don't you remember when President G.W. Bush (Or Baby Blue, as I like to call
him) traveled around America in early 2005 while advocating that Social
Security should be Privatized, either partially or completely?  The
Republican party has been for years dreaming of stealing the two trillion
dollars in the SS trust fund and handing it to Wall Street who will invest
it in the riskiest craziest derivatives they can invent.  Doesn't anyone
remember the banking collapse of 2008?

So what do you think will happen to Social Security in the long term if that
happens?   Or isn't it obvious?  Also, whenever any republican politician
has been asked over the last decade if the republicans would consider giving
governmental garantees to the beneficiaries of privatized personalized
Social Security accounts, they have ALL WITHOUT EXEMPTION said ABSOLUTELY
NO.  So what does that mean?  Well it is very clear.  They, the Republicans,
want to use our Social Security FICA insurance which we paid for, invest it
in toilet paper investments, milk those investments for all they can, and
then throw us under the bus when those "investments" inevitably go bust.
And if those aren't convincing enough reasons why we shouldn't  talk to
republicans on this issue, then I don't know what reasons would be.

Also,  I also wanted to clarify something.  I didn't say that the failure to
negotiate a deal on the fiscal cliff by January 1st would automatically
effect anyone's social security check now.  I think maybe my previous
posting was a little misunderstood.

I was trying to explain that for the last three days, President and House
Minority leader Nancy Palosi have both said that they are willing to cut the
COLA Cost of Living Adjustment on Social Security beneficiaries by 0.3
percent.  I know this doesn't sound like much, but it is a terribly
frightening prospect for several reasons.

1( It would be the first time since the creation of Social Security that
direct monthly benefits would have been cut AT ALL.

2)  this minimum sounding cut is also accumulative.  In about 10 years or
less, every SSDI recipient will be receiving about an average of $1000.00
less annually.  Can any of us afford that?  I know I can't.  So this is a
real cut, and not some kind of Consumer Pricing Index readjustment as many
are now claiming.

And 3)  This first historic cut to Social Security benefits will open the
DOOR WIDE OPEN to restricting and maybe privatizing Social Security which
would eventually doom the entire trust fund.  And if you need proof of that,
then study what has happened to retirement benefit programs in Latin
American countries  whenever those countries have privatized or been forced
to privatize their retirement benefit programs.  This craziness has all been
tried before to desasterous effects.

Of course, no one's checks will disappear immediately, but the long term
damage to Social Security may or probably will become UNREPAIRABLE!  So that
is why we should worry about how these fiscal cliff negotiations are going
and exactly what the final shape of any deal looks like.  It isn't just our
long term future that's at stake, but what about when our kids retire or God
forbid become disabled like us?

Finally, I myself am not trying to scare anyone.  Besides, I think the above
facts are scary enough.

Sincerely, Robert Ortiz



-----Original Message-----
From: nfb-talk [mailto:nfb-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of
nfb-talk-request at nfbnet.org
Sent: Friday, December 21, 2012 5:59 PM
To: nfb-talk at nfbnet.org
Subject: nfb-talk Digest, Vol 55, Issue 43

Send nfb-talk mailing list submissions to
        nfb-talk at nfbnet.org

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
        http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/nfb-talk_nfbnet.org
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
        nfb-talk-request at nfbnet.org

You can reach the person managing the list at
        nfb-talk-owner at nfbnet.org

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific than
"Re: Contents of nfb-talk digest..."


Today's Topics:

   1. Re: nfb-talk Digest, Vol 55, Issue 40 (Steven Johnson)
   2. Re: nfb-talk Digest, Vol 55, Issue 40 (Steven Johnson)


----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 16:55:11 -0600
From: "Steven Johnson" <blinddog3 at charter.net>
To: "'NFB Talk Mailing List'" <nfb-talk at nfbnet.org>
Subject: Re: [nfb-talk] nfb-talk Digest, Vol 55, Issue 40
Message-ID: <004401cddfce$3bb16170$b3142450$@charter.net>
Content-Type: text/plain;       charset="us-ascii"

Chris, don't you mean House Majority Leader, John Boehner, pronounced Baner?

-----Original Message-----
From: nfb-talk [mailto:nfb-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of christopher
nusbaum
Sent: Friday, December 21, 2012 1:45 PM
To: NFB Talk Mailing List
Subject: Re: [nfb-talk] nfb-talk Digest, Vol 55, Issue 40

Robert,

This may be more of a political issue than anything, but I'm just wondering
why you wouldn't recommend that we contact Republican leaders in Congress,
especially House majority leader John Weiner?
After all, they are involved in the negotiations just as much as the
Democrats are, and they need to know how we feel as well. Now, if this is an
inappropriate topics for list, or if it is a political issue for you and you
don't want to talk to the Republicans, I understand that.
Just curious.

Chris Nusbaum

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 21, 2012, at 1:58 PM, Robert Ortiz <bobby7391 at optimum.net> wrote:

> I saw a message asking what the fiscal cliff has to do with the NFB 
> and I wanted to answer that question.  A WHOLE DAMN LOT ESPECIALLY TO 
> ANYONE RECEIVING SSI OR SSDI!  If an agreement isn't reached by 
> January 1st for this bologna "Fiscal Cliff" which I'm praying for, 
> then Social Security WILL NOT BE TOUCHED!  But if President Obama and 
> Nancy Palosi continue to offer the damn republicans a cut in the 
> Annual Cost of Living Adjustment COLA for all Social Security 
> recipients, as they have done over the last few days; then all of us 
> blind SSDI recipients will experience our first real cut in our Social
Security benefits.  And remember SSDI stands for Social Security
> Disability Insurance.   And we all paid our FICA taxes over our work lives
> to receive our DISABILITY INSURANCE!  That's right IT'S INSURANCE WE 
> PAID FOR, NOT A HANDOUT!
>
> So I seriously suggest to everyone who reads this to do as I have done.
> Call or email your home state's two senators, your house of 
> representatives congressman for your county, Senate Majority leader 
> Harry Reid, House Minority Leader Nancy Palosi, and President Obama to 
> please not backstab America's blind and disabled!
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: nfb-talk [mailto:nfb-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of 
> nfb-talk-request at nfbnet.org
> Sent: Friday, December 21, 2012 1:00 PM
> To: nfb-talk at nfbnet.org
> Subject: nfb-talk Digest, Vol 55, Issue 40
>
> Send nfb-talk mailing list submissions to
>    nfb-talk at nfbnet.org
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>    http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/nfb-talk_nfbnet.org
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>    nfb-talk-request at nfbnet.org
>
> You can reach the person managing the list at
>    nfb-talk-owner at nfbnet.org
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific 
> than
> "Re: Contents of nfb-talk digest..."
>
>
> Today's Topics:
>
>   1. {Disarmed} Fw: Avoiding the Fiscal Cliff and    Sequestration
>      (Kenneth Chrane)
>   2. Re: {Disarmed} Fw: Avoiding the Fiscal Cliff    and
>      Sequestration (Humberto Avila)
>   3. Re: {Disarmed} Fw: Avoiding the Fiscal Cliff    and
>      Sequestration (Mike Freeman)
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 22:11:50 -0500
> From: "Kenneth Chrane" <kenneth.chrane at verizon.net>
> To: "NFB Talk Mailing List" <nfb-talk at nfbnet.org>,    "NFB of Maryland
>    e-mail list" <nfbmd at nfbnet.org>
> Cc: Blind_Democrats at yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [nfb-talk] {Disarmed} Fw: Avoiding the Fiscal Cliff and
>    Sequestration
> Message-ID: <CC61E7FF5F26432E9606B39208B1704E at Kens>
> Content-Type: text/plain;    charset="iso-8859-1"
>
> Email
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: senator at mikulski.senate.gov
> To: kenneth.chrane at verizon.net
> Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2012 8:40 AM
> Subject: Avoiding the Fiscal Cliff and Sequestration
>
>
>
>
>
> Dear Mr. Chrane:
>
>
>
> Thank you for contacting me about the fiscal cliff and the federal
deficit.
> It's good to hear from you.
>
>
>
> Americans need to have a government on their side that is capable of 
> solving tough problems.  That's why Congress must act now to avoid the 
> devastating impact of the fiscal cliff and across-the-board cuts known 
> as
sequester.
> Without swift action to avoid the fiscal cliff, millions of Americans 
> would see their taxes go up and face spending cuts that could bring 
> our nation back into recession.  The longer we delay the more damage 
> we do to ourselves and the economy.
>
>
>
> My principles for avoiding the fiscal cliff are simple.  We must have 
> a combination of spending cuts and new revenue to reduce our debt and 
> still grow the economy.  We must also protect the social contract 
> between the American people and their government.  Medicare and 
> Medicaid need to be reformed and refreshed not gutted or block-granted.
>
>
>
> I believe there are ways to achieve the savings required to avoid the 
> fiscal cliff in a balanced and thoughtful way.  We can start by 
> letting the 2001 and 2003 tax cuts expire for households making more 
> than
$250,000 per year.
> This could save an estimated $700 billion over 10 years.  We can also 
> make thoughtful and balanced cuts to spending - both military and 
> domestic - that will begin to reduce our deficit.  That's why I 
> supported the Budget Control Act passed by Congress in 2011 that would 
> require $900 billion in cuts over
> 10 years.
>
>
>
> What we can't do, however, is use across-the-board spending cuts to 
> get us to a balanced budget.  It would unfairly harm middle-class 
> families and do nothing to raise the additional revenue needed to 
> reduce the deficit.  In Maryland alone, this could result in the loss 
> of tens of thousands of jobs and $3.1 billion to our state economy.
>
>
>
> I will continue to work with my colleagues in Congress to prevent the 
> fiscal cliff and make thoughtful and balanced changes to our spending 
> policy to reduce our national debt.
>
>
>
> Thanks again for getting in touch with me.  Knowing of your views is 
> very important to me.  Please let me know if I can be of any 
> assistance to you in the future.
>
>
> Sincerely,
> Barbara A. Mikulski
> United States Senator
>
>
> Please do not respond directly to this e-mail. The originating e-mail 
> account is not monitored.
> If you would like to get in touch with me again, please visit the 
> comments page of my website here.
> If you would like to get regular updates, please sign up for my 
> E-Newsletter here.
> Please follow me on Twitter and Facebook.
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 19:17:19 -0800
> From: "Humberto Avila" <avila.bert.humberto2 at gmail.com>
> To: "'NFB Talk Mailing List'" <nfb-talk at nfbnet.org>
> Subject: Re: [nfb-talk] {Disarmed} Fw: Avoiding the Fiscal Cliff    and
>    Sequestration
> Message-ID: <007901cddf29$b0678580$11369080$@gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain;    charset="us-ascii"
>
> And what does this have to do with the NFB? How are we impacted?
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: nfb-talk [mailto:nfb-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of 
> Kenneth Chrane
> Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2012 7:12 PM
> To: NFB Talk Mailing List; NFB of Maryland e-mail list
> Cc: Blind_Democrats at yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [nfb-talk] {Disarmed} Fw: Avoiding the Fiscal Cliff and 
> Sequestration
>
> Email
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: senator at mikulski.senate.gov
> To: kenneth.chrane at verizon.net
> Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2012 8:40 AM
> Subject: Avoiding the Fiscal Cliff and Sequestration
>
>
>
>
>
> Dear Mr. Chrane:
>
>
>
> Thank you for contacting me about the fiscal cliff and the federal
deficit.
> It's good to hear from you.
>
>
>
> Americans need to have a government on their side that is capable of 
> solving tough problems.  That's why Congress must act now to avoid the 
> devastating impact of the fiscal cliff and across-the-board cuts known 
> as
sequester.
> Without swift action to avoid the fiscal cliff, millions of Americans 
> would see their taxes go up and face spending cuts that could bring 
> our nation back into recession.  The longer we delay the more damage 
> we do to ourselves and the economy.
>
>
>
> My principles for avoiding the fiscal cliff are simple.  We must have 
> a combination of spending cuts and new revenue to reduce our debt and 
> still grow the economy.  We must also protect the social contract 
> between the American people and their government.  Medicare and 
> Medicaid need to be reformed and refreshed not gutted or block-granted.
>
>
>
> I believe there are ways to achieve the savings required to avoid the 
> fiscal cliff in a balanced and thoughtful way.  We can start by 
> letting the 2001 and 2003 tax cuts expire for households making more 
> than
$250,000 per year.
> This could save an estimated $700 billion over 10 years.  We can also 
> make thoughtful and balanced cuts to spending - both military and 
> domestic - that will begin to reduce our deficit.  That's why I 
> supported the Budget Control Act passed by Congress in 2011 that would 
> require $900 billion in cuts over
> 10 years.
>
>
>
> What we can't do, however, is use across-the-board spending cuts to 
> get us to a balanced budget.  It would unfairly harm middle-class 
> families and do nothing to raise the additional revenue needed to 
> reduce the deficit.  In Maryland alone, this could result in the loss 
> of tens of thousands of jobs and $3.1 billion to our state economy.
>
>
>
> I will continue to work with my colleagues in Congress to prevent the 
> fiscal cliff and make thoughtful and balanced changes to our spending 
> policy to reduce our national debt.
>
>
>
> Thanks again for getting in touch with me.  Knowing of your views is 
> very important to me.  Please let me know if I can be of any 
> assistance to you in the future.
>
>
> Sincerely,
> Barbara A. Mikulski
> United States Senator
>
>
> Please do not respond directly to this e-mail. The originating e-mail 
> account is not monitored.
> If you would like to get in touch with me again, please visit the 
> comments page of my website here.
> If you would like to get regular updates, please sign up for my 
> E-Newsletter here.
> Please follow me on Twitter and Facebook.
>
> _______________________________________________
> nfb-talk mailing list
> nfb-talk at nfbnet.org
> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/nfb-talk_nfbnet.org
> To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for
> nfb-talk:
> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfb-talk_nfbnet.org/avila.bert.humbe
> rto2%4
> 0gmail.com
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 08:26:49 -0800
> From: Mike Freeman <k7uij at panix.com>
> To: NFB Talk Mailing List <nfb-talk at nfbnet.org>
> Subject: Re: [nfb-talk] {Disarmed} Fw: Avoiding the Fiscal Cliff    and
>    Sequestration
> Message-ID: <FA5FCD01-4B82-498E-9B35-DFB84CD831E3 at panix.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain;    charset=us-ascii
>
> Rehab funding.
>
> Mike Freeman
> sent from my iPhone
>
> On Dec 20, 2012, at 19:17, "Humberto Avila"
> <avila.bert.humberto2 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> And what does this have to do with the NFB? How are we impacted?
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: nfb-talk [mailto:nfb-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of 
>> Kenneth Chrane
>> Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2012 7:12 PM
>> To: NFB Talk Mailing List; NFB of Maryland e-mail list
>> Cc: Blind_Democrats at yahoogroups.com
>> Subject: [nfb-talk] {Disarmed} Fw: Avoiding the Fiscal Cliff and 
>> Sequestration
>>
>> Email
>> ----- Original Message -----
>> From: senator at mikulski.senate.gov
>> To: kenneth.chrane at verizon.net
>> Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2012 8:40 AM
>> Subject: Avoiding the Fiscal Cliff and Sequestration
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> Dear Mr. Chrane:
>>
>>
>>
>> Thank you for contacting me about the fiscal cliff and the federal
> deficit.
>> It's good to hear from you.
>>
>>
>>
>> Americans need to have a government on their side that is capable of
> solving
>> tough problems.  That's why Congress must act now to avoid the 
>> devastating impact of the fiscal cliff and across-the-board cuts 
>> known as
sequester.
>> Without swift action to avoid the fiscal cliff, millions of Americans
> would
>> see their taxes go up and face spending cuts that could bring our 
>> nation back into recession.  The longer we delay the more damage we 
>> do to
> ourselves
>> and the economy.
>>
>>
>>
>> My principles for avoiding the fiscal cliff are simple.  We must have 
>> a combination of spending cuts and new revenue to reduce our debt and 
>> still grow the economy.  We must also protect the social contract 
>> between the American people and their government.  Medicare and 
>> Medicaid need to be reformed and refreshed not gutted or block-granted.
>>
>>
>>
>> I believe there are ways to achieve the savings required to avoid the
> fiscal
>> cliff in a balanced and thoughtful way.  We can start by letting the
>> 2001 and 2003 tax cuts expire for households making more than
>> $250,000 per
> year.
>> This could save an estimated $700 billion over 10 years.  We can also 
>> make thoughtful and balanced cuts to spending - both military and 
>> domestic -
> that
>> will begin to reduce our deficit.  That's why I supported the Budget
> Control
>> Act passed by Congress in 2011 that would require $900 billion in 
>> cuts
> over
>> 10 years.
>>
>>
>>
>> What we can't do, however, is use across-the-board spending cuts to 
>> get us to a balanced budget.  It would unfairly harm middle-class 
>> families and do nothing to raise the additional revenue needed to 
>> reduce the deficit.  In Maryland alone, this could result in the loss 
>> of tens of thousands of jobs and $3.1 billion to our state economy.
>>
>>
>>
>> I will continue to work with my colleagues in Congress to prevent the
> fiscal
>> cliff and make thoughtful and balanced changes to our spending policy 
>> to reduce our national debt.
>>
>>
>>
>> Thanks again for getting in touch with me.  Knowing of your views is 
>> very important to me.  Please let me know if I can be of any 
>> assistance to you
> in
>> the future.
>>
>>
>> Sincerely,
>> Barbara A. Mikulski
>> United States Senator
>>
>>
>> Please do not respond directly to this e-mail. The originating e-mail 
>> account is not monitored.
>> If you would like to get in touch with me again, please visit the 
>> comments page of my website here.
>> If you would like to get regular updates, please sign up for my
> E-Newsletter
>> here.
>> Please follow me on Twitter and Facebook.
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> nfb-talk mailing list
>> nfb-talk at nfbnet.org
>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/nfb-talk_nfbnet.org
>> To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for
>> nfb-talk:
>>
> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfb-talk_nfbnet.org/avila.bert.humbe
> rto2%4
>> 0gmail.com
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> nfb-talk mailing list
>> nfb-talk at nfbnet.org
>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/nfb-talk_nfbnet.org
>> To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for
> nfb-talk:
>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfb-talk_nfbnet.org/k7uij%40panix.c
>> om
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Subject: Digest Footer
>
> _______________________________________________
> nfb-talk mailing list
> nfb-talk at nfbnet.org
> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/nfb-talk_nfbnet.org
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> End of nfb-talk Digest, Vol 55, Issue 40
> ****************************************
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> nfb-talk mailing list
> nfb-talk at nfbnet.org
> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/nfb-talk_nfbnet.org
> To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for
nfb-talk:
> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfb-talk_nfbnet.org/dotkid.nusbaum%4
> 0gmail.com

_______________________________________________
nfb-talk mailing list
nfb-talk at nfbnet.org
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/nfb-talk_nfbnet.org
To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for
nfb-talk:
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfb-talk_nfbnet.org/blinddog3%40charter.ne
t




------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 16:58:49 -0600
From: "Steven Johnson" <blinddog3 at charter.net>
To: "'NFB Talk Mailing List'" <nfb-talk at nfbnet.org>
Subject: Re: [nfb-talk] nfb-talk Digest, Vol 55, Issue 40
Message-ID: <004501cddfce$bd59d310$380d7930$@charter.net>
Content-Type: text/plain;       charset="us-ascii"

Chris,

The problem in this country is not the revenue coming in, but the spending.
Based on this, our Government needs to be responsible enough to look at cuts
across the board and this includes SSA benefits.  My hope that if a
compromise canot be reached, all programs will be looked at equally as far
as cuts.  I have read that implementing a 1% cut across the board in all
Federal programs could get us out of this mess, but no one will pull that
proverbial trigger.  Needless to say, chances are that the COLA for SSA
benefits would be ended just for starters.

Steve


-----Original Message-----
From: nfb-talk [mailto:nfb-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of christopher
nusbaum
Sent: Friday, December 21, 2012 1:36 PM
To: NFB Talk Mailing List
Subject: Re: [nfb-talk] nfb-talk Digest, Vol 55, Issue 40

Ray,

Although this is merely speculation at this point, I agree with you.
If an agreement is not reached by January 1, and even if an agreement is
reached on this fiscal cliff issue, some  government programs will most
likely be either cut or eliminated. However, it seems that most politicians
think Social Security is an important program, and most of the people I've
heard say they don't want to touch that program. So, I think those of you on
SSI or SSDI will not be affected. Still, it might be good to keep an eye on
this issue.

Chris Nusbaum

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 21, 2012, at 2:07 PM, Ray Foret Jr <rforetjr at att.net> wrote:

> I suspect that those of us on SSI and social security will receive our
checks.  Pay no attention to scare tactis which may try to make you think
otherwise.  Now, perhaps however, this may have a negative effect on long
term funding of educational programs; which, of course, would not be good.
>
>
> Sincerely,
> The Constantly Barefooted Ray
> Still a very proud and happy Mac and Iphone user!
>
> On Dec 21, 2012, at 12:56 PM, Robert Ortiz <bobby7391 at optimum.net> wrote:
>
>> I saw a message asking what the fiscal cliff has to do with the NFB 
>> and I wanted to answer that question.  A WHOLE DAMN LOT ESPECIALLY TO 
>> ANYONE RECEIVING SSI OR SSDI!  If an agreement isn't reached by 
>> January 1st for this bologna "Fiscal Cliff" which I'm praying for, 
>> then Social Security WILL NOT BE TOUCHED!  But if President Obama and 
>> Nancy Palosi continue to offer the damn republicans a cut in the 
>> Annual Cost of Living Adjustment COLA for all Social Security 
>> recipients, as they have done over the last few days; then all of us 
>> blind SSDI recipients will experience our first real cut in our 
>> Social
Security benefits.  And remember SSDI stands for Social Security
>> Disability Insurance.   And we all paid our FICA taxes over our work
lives
>> to receive our DISABILITY INSURANCE!  That's right IT'S INSURANCE WE 
>> PAID FOR, NOT A HANDOUT!
>>
>> So I seriously suggest to everyone who reads this to do as I have done.
>> Call or email your home state's two senators, your house of 
>> representatives congressman for your county, Senate Majority leader 
>> Harry Reid, House Minority Leader Nancy Palosi, and President Obama 
>> to please not backstab America's blind and disabled!
>>
>>
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: nfb-talk [mailto:nfb-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of 
>> nfb-talk-request at nfbnet.org
>> Sent: Friday, December 21, 2012 1:00 PM
>> To: nfb-talk at nfbnet.org
>> Subject: nfb-talk Digest, Vol 55, Issue 40
>>
>> Send nfb-talk mailing list submissions to
>>    nfb-talk at nfbnet.org
>>
>> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>>    http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/nfb-talk_nfbnet.org
>> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>>    nfb-talk-request at nfbnet.org
>>
>> You can reach the person managing the list at
>>    nfb-talk-owner at nfbnet.org
>>
>> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific 
>> than
>> "Re: Contents of nfb-talk digest..."
>>
>>
>> Today's Topics:
>>
>>  1. {Disarmed} Fw: Avoiding the Fiscal Cliff and    Sequestration
>>     (Kenneth Chrane)
>>  2. Re: {Disarmed} Fw: Avoiding the Fiscal Cliff    and
>>     Sequestration (Humberto Avila)
>>  3. Re: {Disarmed} Fw: Avoiding the Fiscal Cliff    and
>>     Sequestration (Mike Freeman)
>>
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> -
>>
>> Message: 1
>> Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 22:11:50 -0500
>> From: "Kenneth Chrane" <kenneth.chrane at verizon.net>
>> To: "NFB Talk Mailing List" <nfb-talk at nfbnet.org>,    "NFB of Maryland
>>    e-mail list" <nfbmd at nfbnet.org>
>> Cc: Blind_Democrats at yahoogroups.com
>> Subject: [nfb-talk] {Disarmed} Fw: Avoiding the Fiscal Cliff and
>>    Sequestration
>> Message-ID: <CC61E7FF5F26432E9606B39208B1704E at Kens>
>> Content-Type: text/plain;    charset="iso-8859-1"
>>
>> Email
>> ----- Original Message -----
>> From: senator at mikulski.senate.gov
>> To: kenneth.chrane at verizon.net
>> Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2012 8:40 AM
>> Subject: Avoiding the Fiscal Cliff and Sequestration
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> Dear Mr. Chrane:
>>
>>
>>
>> Thank you for contacting me about the fiscal cliff and the federal
deficit.
>> It's good to hear from you.
>>
>>
>>
>> Americans need to have a government on their side that is capable of 
>> solving tough problems.  That's why Congress must act now to avoid 
>> the devastating impact of the fiscal cliff and across-the-board cuts
known as sequester.
>> Without swift action to avoid the fiscal cliff, millions of Americans 
>> would see their taxes go up and face spending cuts that could bring 
>> our nation back into recession.  The longer we delay the more damage 
>> we do to ourselves and the economy.
>>
>>
>>
>> My principles for avoiding the fiscal cliff are simple.  We must have 
>> a combination of spending cuts and new revenue to reduce our debt and 
>> still grow the economy.  We must also protect the social contract 
>> between the American people and their government.  Medicare and 
>> Medicaid need to be reformed and refreshed not gutted or block-granted.
>>
>>
>>
>> I believe there are ways to achieve the savings required to avoid the 
>> fiscal cliff in a balanced and thoughtful way.  We can start by 
>> letting the 2001 and 2003 tax cuts expire for households making more 
>> than
$250,000 per year.
>> This could save an estimated $700 billion over 10 years.  We can also 
>> make thoughtful and balanced cuts to spending - both military and 
>> domestic - that will begin to reduce our deficit.  That's why I 
>> supported the Budget Control Act passed by Congress in 2011 that 
>> would require $900 billion in cuts over
>> 10 years.
>>
>>
>>
>> What we can't do, however, is use across-the-board spending cuts to 
>> get us to a balanced budget.  It would unfairly harm middle-class 
>> families and do nothing to raise the additional revenue needed to 
>> reduce the deficit.  In Maryland alone, this could result in the loss 
>> of tens of thousands of jobs and $3.1 billion to our state economy.
>>
>>
>>
>> I will continue to work with my colleagues in Congress to prevent the 
>> fiscal cliff and make thoughtful and balanced changes to our spending 
>> policy to reduce our national debt.
>>
>>
>>
>> Thanks again for getting in touch with me.  Knowing of your views is 
>> very important to me.  Please let me know if I can be of any 
>> assistance to you in the future.
>>
>>
>> Sincerely,
>> Barbara A. Mikulski
>> United States Senator
>>
>>
>> Please do not respond directly to this e-mail. The originating e-mail 
>> account is not monitored.
>> If you would like to get in touch with me again, please visit the 
>> comments page of my website here.
>> If you would like to get regular updates, please sign up for my 
>> E-Newsletter here.
>> Please follow me on Twitter and Facebook.
>>
>>
>> ------------------------------
>>
>> Message: 2
>> Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 19:17:19 -0800
>> From: "Humberto Avila" <avila.bert.humberto2 at gmail.com>
>> To: "'NFB Talk Mailing List'" <nfb-talk at nfbnet.org>
>> Subject: Re: [nfb-talk] {Disarmed} Fw: Avoiding the Fiscal Cliff    and
>>    Sequestration
>> Message-ID: <007901cddf29$b0678580$11369080$@gmail.com>
>> Content-Type: text/plain;    charset="us-ascii"
>>
>> And what does this have to do with the NFB? How are we impacted?
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: nfb-talk [mailto:nfb-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of 
>> Kenneth Chrane
>> Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2012 7:12 PM
>> To: NFB Talk Mailing List; NFB of Maryland e-mail list
>> Cc: Blind_Democrats at yahoogroups.com
>> Subject: [nfb-talk] {Disarmed} Fw: Avoiding the Fiscal Cliff and 
>> Sequestration
>>
>> Email
>> ----- Original Message -----
>> From: senator at mikulski.senate.gov
>> To: kenneth.chrane at verizon.net
>> Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2012 8:40 AM
>> Subject: Avoiding the Fiscal Cliff and Sequestration
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> Dear Mr. Chrane:
>>
>>
>>
>> Thank you for contacting me about the fiscal cliff and the federal
deficit.
>> It's good to hear from you.
>>
>>
>>
>> Americans need to have a government on their side that is capable of 
>> solving tough problems.  That's why Congress must act now to avoid 
>> the devastating impact of the fiscal cliff and across-the-board cuts
known as sequester.
>> Without swift action to avoid the fiscal cliff, millions of Americans 
>> would see their taxes go up and face spending cuts that could bring 
>> our nation back into recession.  The longer we delay the more damage 
>> we do to ourselves and the economy.
>>
>>
>>
>> My principles for avoiding the fiscal cliff are simple.  We must have 
>> a combination of spending cuts and new revenue to reduce our debt and 
>> still grow the economy.  We must also protect the social contract 
>> between the American people and their government.  Medicare and 
>> Medicaid need to be reformed and refreshed not gutted or block-granted.
>>
>>
>>
>> I believe there are ways to achieve the savings required to avoid the 
>> fiscal cliff in a balanced and thoughtful way.  We can start by 
>> letting the 2001 and 2003 tax cuts expire for households making more 
>> than
$250,000 per year.
>> This could save an estimated $700 billion over 10 years.  We can also 
>> make thoughtful and balanced cuts to spending - both military and 
>> domestic - that will begin to reduce our deficit.  That's why I 
>> supported the Budget Control Act passed by Congress in 2011 that 
>> would require $900 billion in cuts over
>> 10 years.
>>
>>
>>
>> What we can't do, however, is use across-the-board spending cuts to 
>> get us to a balanced budget.  It would unfairly harm middle-class 
>> families and do nothing to raise the additional revenue needed to 
>> reduce the deficit.  In Maryland alone, this could result in the loss 
>> of tens of thousands of jobs and $3.1 billion to our state economy.
>>
>>
>>
>> I will continue to work with my colleagues in Congress to prevent the 
>> fiscal cliff and make thoughtful and balanced changes to our spending 
>> policy to reduce our national debt.
>>
>>
>>
>> Thanks again for getting in touch with me.  Knowing of your views is 
>> very important to me.  Please let me know if I can be of any 
>> assistance to you in the future.
>>
>>
>> Sincerely,
>> Barbara A. Mikulski
>> United States Senator
>>
>>
>> Please do not respond directly to this e-mail. The originating e-mail 
>> account is not monitored.
>> If you would like to get in touch with me again, please visit the 
>> comments page of my website here.
>> If you would like to get regular updates, please sign up for my 
>> E-Newsletter here.
>> Please follow me on Twitter and Facebook.
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> nfb-talk mailing list
>> nfb-talk at nfbnet.org
>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/nfb-talk_nfbnet.org
>> To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for
>> nfb-talk:
>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfb-talk_nfbnet.org/avila.bert.humb
>> erto2%4
>> 0gmail.com
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> ------------------------------
>>
>> Message: 3
>> Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 08:26:49 -0800
>> From: Mike Freeman <k7uij at panix.com>
>> To: NFB Talk Mailing List <nfb-talk at nfbnet.org>
>> Subject: Re: [nfb-talk] {Disarmed} Fw: Avoiding the Fiscal Cliff    and
>>    Sequestration
>> Message-ID: <FA5FCD01-4B82-498E-9B35-DFB84CD831E3 at panix.com>
>> Content-Type: text/plain;    charset=us-ascii
>>
>> Rehab funding.
>>
>> Mike Freeman
>> sent from my iPhone
>>
>> On Dec 20, 2012, at 19:17, "Humberto Avila"
>> <avila.bert.humberto2 at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> And what does this have to do with the NFB? How are we impacted?
>>>
>>> -----Original Message-----
>>> From: nfb-talk [mailto:nfb-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of 
>>> Kenneth Chrane
>>> Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2012 7:12 PM
>>> To: NFB Talk Mailing List; NFB of Maryland e-mail list
>>> Cc: Blind_Democrats at yahoogroups.com
>>> Subject: [nfb-talk] {Disarmed} Fw: Avoiding the Fiscal Cliff and 
>>> Sequestration
>>>
>>> Email
>>> ----- Original Message -----
>>> From: senator at mikulski.senate.gov
>>> To: kenneth.chrane at verizon.net
>>> Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2012 8:40 AM
>>> Subject: Avoiding the Fiscal Cliff and Sequestration
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Dear Mr. Chrane:
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Thank you for contacting me about the fiscal cliff and the federal
>> deficit.
>>> It's good to hear from you.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Americans need to have a government on their side that is capable of
>> solving
>>> tough problems.  That's why Congress must act now to avoid the 
>>> devastating impact of the fiscal cliff and across-the-board cuts 
>>> known
as sequester.
>>> Without swift action to avoid the fiscal cliff, millions of 
>>> Americans
>> would
>>> see their taxes go up and face spending cuts that could bring our 
>>> nation back into recession.  The longer we delay the more damage we 
>>> do to
>> ourselves
>>> and the economy.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> My principles for avoiding the fiscal cliff are simple.  We must 
>>> have a combination of spending cuts and new revenue to reduce our 
>>> debt and still grow the economy.  We must also protect the social 
>>> contract between the American people and their government.  Medicare 
>>> and Medicaid need to be reformed and refreshed not gutted or
block-granted.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> I believe there are ways to achieve the savings required to avoid 
>>> the
>> fiscal
>>> cliff in a balanced and thoughtful way.  We can start by letting the
>>> 2001 and 2003 tax cuts expire for households making more than
>>> $250,000 per
>> year.
>>> This could save an estimated $700 billion over 10 years.  We can 
>>> also make thoughtful and balanced cuts to spending - both military 
>>> and domestic -
>> that
>>> will begin to reduce our deficit.  That's why I supported the Budget
>> Control
>>> Act passed by Congress in 2011 that would require $900 billion in 
>>> cuts
>> over
>>> 10 years.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> What we can't do, however, is use across-the-board spending cuts to 
>>> get us to a balanced budget.  It would unfairly harm middle-class 
>>> families and do nothing to raise the additional revenue needed to 
>>> reduce the deficit.  In Maryland alone, this could result in the 
>>> loss of tens of thousands of jobs and $3.1 billion to our state economy.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> I will continue to work with my colleagues in Congress to prevent 
>>> the
>> fiscal
>>> cliff and make thoughtful and balanced changes to our spending 
>>> policy to reduce our national debt.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Thanks again for getting in touch with me.  Knowing of your views is 
>>> very important to me.  Please let me know if I can be of any 
>>> assistance to you
>> in
>>> the future.
>>>
>>>
>>> Sincerely,
>>> Barbara A. Mikulski
>>> United States Senator
>>>
>>>
>>> Please do not respond directly to this e-mail. The originating 
>>> e-mail account is not monitored.
>>> If you would like to get in touch with me again, please visit the 
>>> comments page of my website here.
>>> If you would like to get regular updates, please sign up for my
>> E-Newsletter
>>> here.
>>> Please follow me on Twitter and Facebook.
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> nfb-talk mailing list
>>> nfb-talk at nfbnet.org
>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/nfb-talk_nfbnet.org
>>> To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info 
>>> for
>>> nfb-talk:
>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfb-talk_nfbnet.org/avila.bert.humb
>> erto2%4
>>> 0gmail.com
>>>
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> nfb-talk mailing list
>>> nfb-talk at nfbnet.org
>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/nfb-talk_nfbnet.org
>>> To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info 
>>> for
>> nfb-talk:
>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfb-talk_nfbnet.org/k7uij%40panix.
>>> com
>>
>>
>>
>> ------------------------------
>>
>> Subject: Digest Footer
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> nfb-talk mailing list
>> nfb-talk at nfbnet.org
>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/nfb-talk_nfbnet.org
>>
>>
>> ------------------------------
>>
>> End of nfb-talk Digest, Vol 55, Issue 40
>> ****************************************
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> nfb-talk mailing list
>> nfb-talk at nfbnet.org
>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/nfb-talk_nfbnet.org
>> To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for
nfb-talk:
>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfb-talk_nfbnet.org/rforetjr%40att.
>> net
>
> _______________________________________________
> nfb-talk mailing list
> nfb-talk at nfbnet.org
> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/nfb-talk_nfbnet.org
> To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for
nfb-talk:
> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfb-talk_nfbnet.org/dotkid.nusbaum%4
> 0gmail.com

_______________________________________________
nfb-talk mailing list
nfb-talk at nfbnet.org
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/nfb-talk_nfbnet.org
To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for
nfb-talk:
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfb-talk_nfbnet.org/blinddog3%40charter.ne
t




------------------------------

Subject: Digest Footer

_______________________________________________
nfb-talk mailing list
nfb-talk at nfbnet.org
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/nfb-talk_nfbnet.org


------------------------------

End of nfb-talk Digest, Vol 55, Issue 43
****************************************


_______________________________________________
nfb-talk mailing list
nfb-talk at nfbnet.org
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/nfb-talk_nfbnet.org
To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for
nfb-talk:
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfb-talk_nfbnet.org/jlester8462%40pccuaedu
.onmicrosoft.com





------------------------------

Subject: Digest Footer

_______________________________________________
nfb-talk mailing list
nfb-talk at nfbnet.org
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/nfb-talk_nfbnet.org


------------------------------

End of nfb-talk Digest, Vol 55, Issue 50
****************************************


_______________________________________________
nfb-talk mailing list
nfb-talk at nfbnet.org
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/nfb-talk_nfbnet.org
To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for
nfb-talk:
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfb-talk_nfbnet.org/markspark%40roadrunner
.com


-----
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2013.0.2805 / Virus Database: 2637/5977 - Release Date: 12/21/12 




------------------------------

Subject: Digest Footer

_______________________________________________
nfb-talk mailing list
nfb-talk at nfbnet.org
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/nfb-talk_nfbnet.org


------------------------------

End of nfb-talk Digest, Vol 55, Issue 62
****************************************




More information about the nfb-talk mailing list