[nfb-talk] Inaccessible appliances!

David Evans drevans at bellsouth.net
Tue Feb 21 13:42:30 UTC 2012

Dear All,

Sun Beam Appliances, made a very reasonable talking microwave oven, but has
discontinued making it.
Maxiaids bought up all of the left over's and is selling them at twice the
original price because they can.
There is another oven, but I can not seem to find the info on it and where
to get it.
I will keep looking and let you know if I can find it.
Most all of the manufacturers make or have a Braille overlay that you can
get to cover the flat panel buttons or you can make your own with clear
Dyno-lable tape and a slate and apply it yourself, with a little help from a
sighted friend.
I made the label for my microwave at home and use it all of the time.
Maxiaids stinks.  I have never gotten anything from them that did not break
down or stop working in barely 30 days, I wouldn't buy anything from them
again.

David Evans