[nfb-talk] MP-3 CDs

Ed Meskys edmeskys at roadrunner.com
Fri Jan 27 15:57:30 UTC 2012

The Xavier Society for the Blind sends its magazines on MP3 formatted CDs, which hold many more hours of recording. Most magazines now fit on one disk. Also, the NFB has a 2 CD set with many brochures, etc., and they are in MP3 format. I have a Victor Stratus and a Victor Vibe which will play the MP3 disks, but elderly members of my local NFB chapter are looking for something they can buy at a Radio Shack, and the clerks are no help whatsoever. They want to sell little devices for downloading music or capturing podcasts. I know that some commercial CD players will play MP3 CDs. The CD player built into our previous car, and our new one purchased Oct 2010, will play MP3 CDs. Can anyone suggest specific brands or names of CD players our members should ask for, or recommend a better source than Radio Shack?

Thanks, Ed Meskys