[nfb-talk] nfb songs

Lloyd Rasmussen lras at sprynet.com
Fri Jul 13 11:30:29 UTC 2012

I was tweaking you folks a bit.  The style of singing and instrumentation is
very different from the latest offering by Risky Biz and the Cane Tips.
More choral and somewhat more rehearsed.

The Cane Raisers, sometimes also known as the Sligo Creek Digital
Communications Consortium, created a cassette of about 26 NFB songs in 1997.
Some tracks were recorded in Harold Snider's house in Wheaton, Maryland,
while most were recorded in the NFB recording studio.  It was a fundraising
project for the NFB of Maryland.  1,000 copies were made, and they sold for
$5 each in 1998 and the succeeding years.  Curtis Chong played keyboard.
Singers include Debbie Brown, Lloyd and Judy Rasmussen, Andrea Brandies,
Terry Powers, Tom Bickford and Gail Snider.  A few cassette copies exist,
and I think that a digital version is in the tenBroek Library.  We put a few
months into that project, but some of it is not as good or as enduring as I
would like.  Many of the songs are in the NFB songbook, published most
recently in 1990.  Another one is in "The Care and Feeding of the Long White
Cane", by Tom Bickford, a pseudo-kernel book that is in braille and DB in
the NLS collection.

Later!

Lloyd Rasmussen, Kensington, Maryland
Home:  http://lras.home.sprynet.com