[nfb-talk] paying my dues.

David Evans drevans at bellsouth.net
Mon Jul 16 18:19:37 UTC 2012

Dear all,

As a former Florida State Board member and a long time Chapter President, it
works like this.
You either join a local chapter or if no chapter is in your area , you
become a "member at Large."
It may vary from state to state and chapter to chapter, but if you pay your
dues to the chapter, they keep part of it and pass the rest along to the
State affiliate which in turn, forwards a small part on to the national
office.
The amount for each chapter is set by the chapter, so in some you pay $5 per
year and some more.
The state may vary slightly but is usually about $3 of which they keep two
and pass the other dollar on to the national office.
Remember that it can vary so if you want to send in a donation to either the
state or national, it is always welcome.

David Evans, NFBF and GD Jack.